Wednesday, February 28, 2007

wfmw - holiday bathrooms

Once again, I turn to my trusty Dollar Tree for this week's idea. They sell wired garland for every holiday (comes in a coil w/foil stars, hearts, shamrocks, bats, etc). I placed 4 push pins along the top of the mirror in the kids' bathroom. I just loop & drape the garland across the top of the mirror. I keep all of the garlands that I'm not using in colorful baskets on top of the cabinet over the toilet - I got the baskets at Dollar Tree of course! It makes the bathroom look so festive, but it's fast, simple & cheap.

While I've got a captive audience - does anyone have a great idea for a Women's Retreat notebook? We've always filled a folder with the schedule, notes, songs, etc. & I'm looking for a more creative idea.

3 comments:

Candace said...

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for but can you use a 3 ring binder and do pre-printed sheets with places to write the pertinent information? If not ignore this comment lol.

Amy said...

Very cute tip! I am sure it makes the bathroom look very festive! Maybe I will do that in the kiddos rooms!!

The Estrogen Files said...

That's so cute! I hit JoAnn's for cheap garlands and do a similar thing - tack them above the archway to the kitchen! Good tip, I'm going to use it!

My WFMW is about food, but not in the traditional way. Come on over!

http://smcarney.blogspot.com/2007/02/common-denominator-of-potatoes-and.html