Wednesday, February 14, 2007

WFMW - candy cane hearts


I needed a little treat to take to our Valentine party this afternoon. Being the cheap lazy frugal person that I am, I decided to use what we had around the house instead of dragging 4 kids to the store in the freezing cold. This is the end result:



Preheat your oven @ 250. Unwrap candy canes & form hearts on a foil-lined baking sheet. Make sure that both ends of the candy canes are touching. S-l-o-w-l-y & carefully put them in the oven. Bake for about 5 minutes. Let cool & peel off of the foil.

Easy, cute & free - that Works For Me

**Updated to add: If you happen to forget that you put your hearts on the bed to take a picture, and if your two-year old happens to snap them all in half....... don't fret, just pop them back in the oven for a couple of minutes & they are as good as new!










2 comments:

Amy said...

What a fun idea! And you can make different sizes from regular candy canes and tiny ones. And they have all those flavored ones now, too (which I personally think are icky, but other people must like, since they keep selling them). I may have to buy some extra candy canes at the after-Christmas specials next year just for this project.

Melanie said...

Okay, I'm even too lazy for that. I kept them wrapped and hot glued the ends together so they could be unwrapped by the receiver! He He