Thursday, February 15, 2007

homemaking meme

This looked fun so I thought I'd give it a try. If you want to do a list too, leave a comment so we can check it out!

Aprons – Y/N?
No, but I might consider it. I had no idea so many people still wore aprons until I started reading blogs.

Baking – Favorite thing to bake:
pumpkin bread

Clothesline – Y/N?
No, it is against our homeowner association regulations (which is ridiculous considering we live on an acre on the outskirts of town).

Donuts – Have you ever made them?
Only if poking a hole in canned biscuits and frying them counts as making donuts.

One homemaking thing you do every day:
cook meals

Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
yes

Garbage Disposal – Y/N?
yes

Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
the internet and my mother-in-law

Ironing – Love it or hate it?
I don't hate it, but I do it as little as possible. We just throw wrinkled clothes in the dryer with a damp washcloth for everyday wear.

Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?
yes, in the kitchen

Kitchen: Design & Decorating?
birdhouses

Love: What is your favorite part of homemaking?
I love to make my home a festive, fun place to be. My mom filled our home with laughter & celebration, and I want my children to have the same memories.

Mop - Y/N?
Yes, although our favorite method doesn't involve a mop, but 5 pairs of socks. I got the idea from Michelle.

Nylons - Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
throw them away (I know, wasteful, but I rarely wear them & they are cheap)

Oven - Do you use the window, or open the door to check?
open the door

Pizza - What do you put on yours?
sausage & green olives

Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
I go find out what my two youngest are getting into - that's the only time it's quiet.

Recipe card box - Y/N
No, but I do have a recipe notebook. I find most of my recipes on the internet & print them out.

Style of house -
I have no idea- traditional? red brick & black roof

Tablecloths and napkins - Y/N?
I usually have a seasonal table cloth, but we use paper napkins. I think I am going to try Shannon's idea soon.

Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland?
Toxic wasteland. In addition to the usual toxins, I now keep our peanut butter & bubble bath under there.

Vacuum - How many times per week
every day

Wash - How many loads of laundry do you do a week?
at least 10

X's - Do you keep a daily list of things to do and cross them off?
not usually

Yard - Who does what?
HaHaHa....oh, sorry. What I meant to say was Hubby is in charge of the grass & garden, & the kiddos are in charge of leaving their toys & bikes everywhere putting away their toys & bikes. I am in charge of whining about how hot it is and choosing which beautiful plants we will be killing this season.

Zzz's - What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Making sure all toys & shoes are put away so the dogs don't have a party after we go to bed.

No comments: