Wednesday, January 31, 2007

it snowed! - WFMW

.....for a whole 10 minutes.....but we take what we can get around here. It was beautiful to watch even if it didn't stick.

If you've never seen photos of individual snowflakes, you need to visit one of my favorite websites . My kids and I have had some great discussions about God's creativity while looking through these amazing images.

Want to make some snowflakes of your own? You can find tons of patterns here . Last winter we had a snowflake-cutting party and then pasted our results onto our dining room window with a gluestick - it washes off with a little warm water when you are ready to remove them.

If you are a homeschooler, you've got Bible, Art, & Science all rolled into one lesson - and that Works For Me!

I am so excited to be participating in my first Works-For-Me-Wednesday. I look forward to reading all the great tips every week. Head over to Shannon's to check it out, and to add a tip of your own.

2 comments:

Smockity Frocks said...

Thanks! Great ideas for snowy days!

I've moved said...

Thanks for the cutting-pattern link--I've been thinking about this lately.

No shortage of snow here (in Alaska), though ours seems to be the only community *not* experiencing record-setting snowfall this year.

*sigh*